Intercultural Intelligence: Shifting Realities and Implications for Christian Ministry
Time & Location
About the Event
Dr. Stanley John (PhD, Asbury Theological Seminary) is Associate Professor of Intercultural Studies at Alliance Theological Seminary and Campus Pastor at Ridgeway New Rochelle, New York. He is devoted to discipling the church and forming servant leaders for the global church. Born in Kuwait and from an Indian family, Stanley came to the U.S. in 2003 to study at Northpoint Bible College and finished his graduate studies at Asbury Theological Seminary. Stanley has served as an itinerant speaker over the past 18 years across churches, seminaries, and colleges globally.
Stanley is the author of Transnational Religious Organization and Practice: A Contextual Analysis of Kerala Pentecostal Churches in Kuwait (Brill, 2018). He has written numerous academic articles on diaspora churches in the Arabian Gulf, global Pentecostalism and World Christianity, and transnational networks.
He serves on the U.S. Board of Directors of Langham Partnership. Together with his wife, Eunice, and their two children Philip (3) and Emma (1), they reside in New York City.
8:00 am - Virtual Registration Opens
8:30 am - Session 1
- Shifting Global Christianity and Implications to Future Ministry
10:30 am - Session 2
- Shifting Racial Hierarchies towards Intercultural Ministry
12:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 pm - Session 3
- Shifting Cultural Concepts towards Seeing Complexity
2:30 pm - Session 4
- Shifting Demographics ~ Shifting Ministry
4:00 pm - Adjournment
* Throughout the day, regular breakout conversations will occur either through watch parties (that you arrange) or via zoom breakout rooms.